The 24" Siser Cutting Strip for the Romeo cutter runs the length of the machine under the blade path. The plastic strip's job is to protect the cutting bed and blade from mis-adjusted blades that cut through the material and into the strip. When the strip is worn out, cutting quality will degrade and uneven cuts will start to appear. Restore your Romeo's cutting quality by replacing the cutting strip once it starts getting deep grooves cut into it.
- Pry up the old cutter strip and discard
- Lay the new strip down over the groove
- Move the carriage head all the way to the right side of the cutter
- Starting at the far left, push the end of the cutting strip down in the groove with your finger
- Keep applying pressure to the cutting strip and slide your finger down to the other end until the entire strip has been pushed down into the groove. There is no adhesive.