You must have a registered account with us before your tax exemption paperwork can be processed. Please be sure to enter the email you registered your account with when submitting your tax documents.
As of January 1, 2019, we are required by state law to collect sales taxes on all orders shipping to the following states unless we have a valid sales tax exemption certificate on file for your company or organization:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
The new sales tax collection requirements are in response to the Supreme Court's ruling in the case of South Dakota vs. Wayfair, Inc. in June 2018.
We have partnered with Avalara to manage our sales tax compliance and to insure that we are collecting the required sales tax due to your state, county and city. If you are located in one of the taxable states and your company or organization is registered with your state for sales tax exemption, we will need to have a copy of your exemption certificate on file.
The sale tax exemption system is driven by your email address that was used to register a purchasing account on our website. Once you are signed in to your account, the AvaTax system will recognize your account as tax exempt and no sales tax will be added to your order.
Online Registration Instructions:
- For most businesses, the "RESALE" tax exemption reason is the most appropriate.
- Fill out the "Request to Complete" online document and sign it digitally if possible.
- Please complete a new tax exempt document whenever possible as the states frequently update their forms and an older saved copy of the document may be obsolete. Do not submit business registration documents as they are not valid for sale tax exemption.
- Each submission will be verified with the appropriate state and activated for your account within 48 hours.
- Sales tax exemption documents will expire in 3 years from the signature date. Upon expiration, a new submission will be required.
For Illinois Customers Purchasing Equipment Tax Exempt
In order to purchase a vinyl cutter, heat press or printer from us tax exempt, Illinois residents must complete a ST-587 Equipment Exemption Certificate at the time of pickup or before the item ships.
Click here to download the ST-587 Equipment Exemption Certificate (opens in a new window)