As of January 1, 2019, we are required by state law to collect sales taxes on all orders shipping to the following states unless we have a valid sales tax exemption certificate on file for your company or organization.
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- Virginia - starting 7/1/2019 Form ST-10 Sales Tax Certificate of Exemption (pdf)
- West Virginia
The new sales tax collection requirements are in response to the Supreme Court's ruling in the case of South Dakota vs. Wayfair, Inc. in June 2018.
We have partnered with Avalara to manage our sales tax compliance and to insure that we are collecting the required sales tax due to your state, county and city. If you are located in one of the taxable states and your company or organization is registered with your state for sales tax exemption, we will need to have a copy of your exemption certificate on file.
The sale tax exemption system is driven by your email address that was used to register a purchasing account on our website. Once you are signed in to your account, the AvaTax system will recognize your account as tax exempt and no sales tax will be added to your order.
Online Registration Instructions:
- For most businesses, the "RESALE" tax exemption reason is the most appropriate.
- Fill out the "Request to Complete" online document and sign it digitally if possible.
- Please complete a new tax exempt document whenever possible as the states frequently update their forms and an older saved copy of the document may be obsolete. Do not submit business registration documents as they are not valid for sale tax exemption.
- Each submission will be verified with the appropriate state and activated for your account within 48 hours.
- Sales tax exemption documents will expire in 3 years from the signature date. Upon expiration, a new submission will be required.
|Click Here to Register Online for Sales Tax Exemption|
Manual Tax Exemption Certificate Submission
If you prefer, you can email or scan your tax exempt certificate to us and we will enter it into the Avalara system on your behalf. Here are some submission guidelines:
- Do not submit your business license or sales and use tax registration document that you received from your state. A tax exemption certificate is a separate document in which you are declaring that the purchases that you are making from us are ultimately for resale. Please visit your state's Department of Revenue website for requirements and/or a blank tax exempt certificate form.
- Tax exempt certificates must be renewed every 3 years from the date of your signature on the document. Please do not submit older saved certificates that may have already expired.
- Tax exempt certificates must be signed by one of the business owners.
Please fax your tax exempt certificate to 866-640-1090 or
scan and email it to "email@example.com"
For Illinois Customers Purchasing Equipment Tax Exempt
In order to purchase a vinyl cutter, heat press or printer from us tax exempt, Illinois residents must complete a ST-587 Equipment Exemption Certificate at the time of pickup or before the item ships.
Click here to download the ST-587 Equipment Exemption Certificate (opens in a new window)
Completed ST-587 forms can be faxed to 866-640-1090 or
scanned and emailed to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 888-330-6172 during business hours or submit your question through our Contact Us form.